The Patients Association
Before you see the Doctor, note down:
b) how you feel and when, during a 24 hour perios
c) what medication you are already taking
d) how long you have had symptoms
At the consultation, use this checklist to prompt your queries:
1. What do you think is wrong? What is the diagnosis?
2. Are test(s) required? When will they be done?
3. Why are they necessary?
4. How / when do I get the results?
5. Treatment options
6. Who would you recommend I go to?
7. What’s the next step?
8. Where can I get more information? Is there a charity or support group I can contact?
9. Is there any lifestyle change needed / what else can I do for myself?
10. Who should I call if I start to feel worse?
DO NOT WORRY ABOUT WRITING NOTES
It is well known that we all forget 50% of what we are told during a consultation, and this is a veyr good way to make best use of important consultations.